The Woodford County Tourism is home to the community wayfinding signage program for Woodford County, Kentucky. If you’re interested to apply, here are the steps and information to do so.
What to know
- All wayfinding signs are the cost of the business or organization requesting the sign
- Please ensure you comply with the criteria before applying
- All signs and locations will need to be identified for location before applying
Generally speaking, the applying agency may define qualifying criteria for inclusion into their community wayfinding sign program. However, districts shall have ultimate approval authority as to qualifying criteria and approved destinations. As needed, the division is available to assist in the review and approval of community wayfinding applications/permits.
At a minimum, the eligibility criteria shall include the following:
- Operating hours shall be regular and reasonable for the type of facility. Hours shall not be by appointment or reservation only.
- Adequate parking is available.
- Public bathroom facilities shall be available during open hours of operation.
- Destination signs should be within 10 miles of the attraction. Longer distances (up to 25 miles) may be acceptable for county or regional signing permits.
- The attraction shall not have illegal signs posted in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- The attraction shall comply with all local, state, and federal statutes and administrative regulations including those prohibiting discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, or national origin.
To formally start the application process, please complete the form.